Who we are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The Frontlines Associate (Marketing Events Coordination) is an integral member of the Melbourne Marketing team. You’ll work with our Marketing Manager to lead GA’s schedule of nightly community events, assisting in event production and coordination from end to end – from curating inspiring events, sourcing kick-ass industry leading speakers, setting up the space and greeting guests to capturing content for our social media channels on the night.
Our community is at the heart of what we do at GA and we need someone bright, friendly, and organised to be the face of GA. You’re a planning wizard who makes sure everything runs smoothly behind the scenes, taking initiative and solving any problems on the fly. You multitask and are ready to tackle a fast paced environment and all that goes into producing an amazing event for our community, from sending run-sheets to making sure the drinks are on ice!
Ultimately, you will be responsible for building General Assembly’s community. You’ll be fostering growth and helping empower people to pursue the careers they love.
- Own and implement event planning, with an emphasis on production and execution – you manage all aspects of program execution and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty. From making sure speakers and instructors show up on time to checking the A/V to writing copy and coordinating with our admissions team on strategic alignment with course launches, you are a rockstar at ensuring details are in place. You will be the face of GA and responsible for high-energy introductions and kickoffs for programs and events.
- Serve as the local face of GA by planning and executing in-person events on campus
- Assist in cultivating new partnerships and maintain relationships with current partners – you’ll account manage in order to co-develop event content and co-market events on campus
- Find and engage local experts in tech, design, and business to participate in and speak at events
- Keep track of and report on all metrics surrounding user acquisition strategies
- Contribute your creativity and expertise to drive GA’s holistic marketing plan forwards, taking ideas for new events and local campaigns from concept stage through to launch.
- Identify and market new and existing compelling topics by creating enticing event descriptions and marketing materials.
- Manage a busy schedule of activities and events that run at different times during the week
- Customer service & campus experience, you’ll be: responding to customer inquiries or issues in a positive, professional and empathetic manner (also taking a proactive role in tracking and monitoring GA’s social reputation) and generally keeping campus looking top-notch on the night – whether that means setting up for an upcoming event or placing supplies orders.
The role is casual, likely 2-3 afternoons/evenings a week to start with, potentially moving into a more permanent position down the track.
- Past experience with event marketing and production, partnerships, or community management is a plus.
- Understand General Assembly’s brand and ethos and you are able to represent us at our best, in the community.
Cosa significa far parte di Adecco Group.
Da oltre 50 anni promuoviamo l'incontro di migliaia di persone dall'esperienza e dalla cultura diverse con opportunità di lavoro in tutto il mondo. Offriamo soluzioni e servizi di qualità elevata nel settore delle risorse umane, sostenendo il mondo del lavoro per offrire ai nostri clienti un'esperienza su misura e alle persone che lavorano con noi motivazione e orgoglio. Far parte di questo gruppo internazionale significa far parte di una comunità di persone che si spronano a vicenda a dare il meglio di sé. Il tuo lavoro offrirà nuovi stimoli alla vita dei nostri clienti. Farai parte di una rete di persone dedicate e professionali che credono in ciò che fanno.
E ci crederai anche tu.