Who We Are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We are seeking an Instructor Manager. This person will be responsible for our instructors and courses with a focus on hiring, training, coaching, and day-to-day management. The Instructor Manager is a crucial role - this person is responsible for managing and coaching our best-in-class practitioners from a variety of fields including data science, software development and design. Proper onboarding and training of instructors is crucial. Most importantly, the instructor manager must always remember that our instructors are changing lives in the classroom each day: this is both an exciting and difficult challenge. Thus, being an empathetic leader is key to the success of this role.
- Oversee courses (10-12+ at any given time) including instructional quality, student orientation, student experience, and successful completion
- Managing part-time course instructors including hiring, onboarding, training, and coaching
- Conduct regular evaluations of instructional quality for each part-time course
- Facilitate successful completion of all online and in-person instructor training for new instructors
- Manage professional behavior, retention and ongoing professional development and growth of each instructional positions
- Be the second line of defense for student learning issues; be responsible for mediating conflict and defusing challenging situations in a positive, empathetic and professional manner
- Work with instructors to strategize solutions for students who have unique learning needs, including the creation of student support plans or IEPs.
- Monitor and manage course quality and progress by regularly reviewing exit tickets and student surveys; formulate action plans based on data
- Participate in globals meetings with instructional counterparts across markets
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficient in instructional best practices such as lesson planning, differentiation, assessments, student data analysis, and the creation of strong classroom climates
- A former educator ideally with 2+ years of in higher ed (adult learning) or K-12 (experience in school leadership is a plus), and can relate to instructors as a practitioner
- Able to confidently give constructive, positive feedback to people of diverse professional and personal backgrounds.
- Highly organized and able to help manage observation, videos, and other performance documentation.
- A “growth mindset” attitude towards teaching as a craft
- High emotional intelligence; an ability to empathize with others
- Prior experience managing multiple people or teams
- Familiarity with or subject matter expertise in one or more of the disciplines we teach
- Developing direct reports and others
- Managing and measuring work
- Motivating others
- Command skills
Cosa significa far parte di Adecco Group.
Da oltre 50 anni promuoviamo l'incontro di migliaia di persone dall'esperienza e dalla cultura diverse con opportunità di lavoro in tutto il mondo. Offriamo soluzioni e servizi di qualità elevata nel settore delle risorse umane, sostenendo il mondo del lavoro per offrire ai nostri clienti un'esperienza su misura e alle persone che lavorano con noi motivazione e orgoglio. Far parte di questo gruppo internazionale significa far parte di una comunità di persone che si spronano a vicenda a dare il meglio di sé. Il tuo lavoro offrirà nuovi stimoli alla vita dei nostri clienti. Farai parte di una rete di persone dedicate e professionali che credono in ciò che fanno.
E ci crederai anche tu.