Grow your career with Adecco Group North America, the world’s leading provider of recruiting and career services.
The Adecco Group North AmericaAccountant II performs a variety of accounting activities in accordance with accounting principles and standards to control the organization's financial resources and ensure that it complies with all relevant regulations, laws, and reporting requirements. Participates in development and maintenance of accounting policies and controls, fiscal controls, preparing financial reports and safeguarding the organization's assets. Individual contributor that works under limited supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compiles, verifies, and analyzes financial information and prepares financial reports and accounting statements for senior management. Reporting includes profit and loss statements, balance sheets, depreciation statements, cash flow, debtor and creditor lists, repayment schedules, regulatory reports and filings.
- Reconciles accounts, posts journal entries, and maintains a complete and accurate general ledger using independent judgment in accordance with accounting principles and reporting schedules so that the organization has a full and accurate statement of its financial position.
- Ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles.
- Provides technical accounting advice within area of expertise to functional or operational area managers to help them develop revenue and expense budgets, understand financial reports, and manage their financial responsibilities.
- Identifies financial accounting risks and contributes towards developing and implementing mitigating strategies.
- Analyzes business transactions and works with business and corporate leaders to interpret trends.
- Works with regulatory partners in preparation of financial statements.
- Reconciles and prepares periodic accounting schedules.
- Collaborates across finance organization to assure departmental subject matter expertise and comprehensive understanding of the business.
- Seeks ways to improve processes and makes recommendations for changes.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field plus a minimum of three (3) years of experience in corporate accounting/ finance is required. Minimum of seven (7) years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. CPA is highly desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Skilled in communicating effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others at various levels within the organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to gather, assemble, consolidate and analyze facts, draw conclusions and devise solutions.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of accounting systems and practices.
- Ability to identify and/or document existing and new processes as well as evaluate their effectiveness, develop improvements and/or recommend changes or alternatives.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Adecco Group North America, through an impressive portfolio of staffing industry leading brands including Accounting Principals, Adecco General Staffing, Adia, Ajilon, Entegee, Lee Hecht Harrison, Modis, Paladin, Parker+Lynch, Pontoon, Special Counsel and Soliant is the world’s leading provider of Human Resources solutions.
We are the workforce experts delivering staffing and career service solutions to organizations and individuals across all industries. Collectively we harness the power of some of the greatest talent in the world. That talent and expertise allows us to do business globally and act locally with deep knowledge in niche areas.
Every day, we have more than 100,000 associates on assignment, 30,000 colleagues working internally to support more than 10,000 clients in the United States and Canada. Ensuring our business units are prepared to deliver outstanding service to our associates and clients, the Adecco Group North America team provides a strong infrastructure through our corporate and shared services teams.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Cosa significa far parte di Adecco Group.
Da oltre 50 anni promuoviamo l'incontro di migliaia di persone dall'esperienza e dalla cultura diverse con opportunità di lavoro in tutto il mondo. Offriamo soluzioni e servizi di qualità elevata nel settore delle risorse umane, sostenendo il mondo del lavoro per offrire ai nostri clienti un'esperienza su misura e alle persone che lavorano con noi motivazione e orgoglio. Far parte di questo gruppo internazionale significa far parte di una comunità di persone che si spronano a vicenda a dare il meglio di sé. Il tuo lavoro offrirà nuovi stimoli alla vita dei nostri clienti. Farai parte di una rete di persone dedicate e professionali che credono in ciò che fanno.
E ci crederai anche tu.