Reporting to the Vice President Deputy General Counsel, the Corporate Counsel provides written/oral legal advice to Business Unit and Corporate senior leadership on various transactional matters, including contracts, compliance, collections and general operational guidance in order to reduce potential legal liabilities and protect the best interests for our customers and the Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily drafting, reviewing, and negotiating of client contracts, subcontractor contracts, vendor contracts and various other types of contracts,including national accounts and partnerships
- Ensuring that contract terms meet company legal and business goals and standards through effective and thoughtful negotiation and internal collaboration
- Serving as a liaison between operations, sales, and finance in the review, prioritization, and oversight of the contracting process
- Managing a large volume and variety of contracts
- Providing legal counsel and recommendations to internal business units and departments on contract matters and other matters as assigned or as consulted
- Performing contractual risk analysis and communicating such analysis in a practical, effective manner to non-legal personnel
- Exhibits an expertise in corporate and commercial transactions, provides excellent legal counsel and guidance, and effectively represents the Company with outside vendors, lawyers, regulators, public officials, and others.
- Stays abreast of current litigation, standards and best practices and keeps corporate and business line leadership apprised of relevant changes to laws, rules, and regulations. Provide legal support and advice to support compliance with the Company’s corporate policies.
- Communicates with clients, vendors, government agencies and their respective counsel to obtain/provide information and resolve problems.Effectively communicates legal risks with executive and front-line staff
- Develop and recommend improvements for standard contractual documents, templates, and clause libraries
- Assist with other legal and risk management matters as requested, including with respect to corporate governance, acquisitions, insurance, professional liability, employment, or litigation matters
- Performs other assignments as delegated by General Counsel or Deputy General Counsel.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A Juris Doctor degree and license to practice law in any state.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience as a corporate attorney at a national law firm, in-house at a comparable company, or some combination thereof as a practicing transactional attorney with a focus on corporate and commercial transactions required, preferably with experience in related industry.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Excels in a fast-paced environment with daily deadlines, an evolving workload and demanding internal and external customers
- Values a high level of responsiveness and exceptional internal customer service
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple contracts and projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Team player and consensus builder who can effectively collaborate and build relationships with attorneys and business leaders throughout the organization.
- Business acumen combined with the ability to identify optimal solutions, including creative and innovative solutions to complex issues
- Sound business judgment and strategic thinking. Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters.
- Skilled at negotiating and administering complex contracts, as well as the ability to execute contracts in compliance with corporate guidelines, laws, rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply federal and state employment-related laws, rules and regulations.
- Effectively identifies and researches legal issues and propose appropriate courses of action.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, to all levels of management, staff and external stakeholders.
About the Adecco Group:
The Adecco Group is the world’s leading talent advisory and solutions company. We believe in making the future work for everyone, and every day enable more than 3.5 million careers.
We skill, develop, and hire talent in 60 countries, enabling organizations to embrace the future of work. As a Fortune Global 500 company, we lead by example, creating shared value that fuels economies and builds better societies.
Our culture of inclusivity, entrepreneurship and teamwork empowers our 30,000 employees. We are proud to have been consistently ranked one of the 'World's Best Workplaces' by Great Place to Work®.
The Adecco Group AG is headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland (ISIN: CH0012138605) and listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (ADEN). The Group is powered by three global business units: Adecco, Talent Solutions and Modis. In North America, the company's brand portfolio includes: Accounting Principals, Adecco, Adia, Ajilon, Entegee, General Assembly, Hired, LHH, Modis, Paladin, Parker + Lynch, Pontoon, Roevin, Special Counsel and TAD PGS.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Cosa significa far parte di Adecco Group.
Da oltre 50 anni promuoviamo l'incontro di migliaia di persone dall'esperienza e dalla cultura diverse con opportunità di lavoro in tutto il mondo. Offriamo soluzioni e servizi di qualità elevata nel settore delle risorse umane, sostenendo il mondo del lavoro per offrire ai nostri clienti un'esperienza su misura e alle persone che lavorano con noi motivazione e orgoglio. Far parte di questo gruppo internazionale significa far parte di una comunità di persone che si spronano a vicenda a dare il meglio di sé. Il tuo lavoro offrirà nuovi stimoli alla vita dei nostri clienti. Farai parte di una rete di persone dedicate e professionali che credono in ciò che fanno.
E ci crederai anche tu.