The Director of Tax provides strategic direction and oversight for the management, preparation, and compliance of domestic and international, local, state, federal and/or franchise income, sales and use, and/or property tax returns. Senior Director of Tax provides management and supervision in the preparation of the income tax provision in accordance with ASC 740 and liaisons with E & Y. Senior Director of Tax is responsible for Tax Lead with the IRS examination team as well as Canadian, and State income tax audits. A Senior Director of tax is responsible for generating tax planning ideas that increase the Company’s cash flow or reduces the U.S., Canadian and Puerto Rico effective tax rates.What you’ll be doing
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages and develops the income and indirect tax team members in their daily job responsibilities. Provides guidance as needed on non-tax issues associated with mergers, acquisitions and/or divestitures.
• Directs the support of tax management objectives through the definition, development and execution of related strategies, processes, and best practices in accordance with organizational priorities.
• Oversees the analysis of current tax liabilities and the preparation of domestic and international, local, state, federal and/or franchise income, sales, and use, and/or property tax returns and estimated payment calculations for monthly, quarterly, and annual filings.
• Oversees and provides guidance to tax saving analyses and the minimization of taxes by ensuring proper application of tax exemptions, claims, credits, abatements, and other tax favorable methods.
• Oversees, leads, and/or participates in various audits, including, but not limited to federal Compliance Assurance Process (CAP) maintenance, state and international.
• Oversees and leads inter-period tax provision and allocation under ASC 740 (fka FAS 109/FIN48) standards, recording of temporary and permanent differences in income for financial and tax purposes and the maintenance of deferred tax calculations.
• Oversees the expatriate tax function, independent contractors and per diem assignments for tax consequences.
• Provides guidance on tax implications related to mergers, acquisitions and/or divestitures.
• Fields and addresses escalated and the most complex inquiries from internal and/or external business partners and clients.
• Develops, implements, and monitors quality control procedures with an emphasis on accuracy and compliance.
• Oversees the development and implementation of technical training for team members.
• Maintains knowledge of current laws, rules and regulations related to taxes and their impact on the organization.
• Interfaces with internal and external business partners to ensure a unified approach to tax management is maintained.
• Implements process improvement strategies, as well as identifies, develops, and implements policies, procedures, and best practices.
• Participates in departmental strategic planning and identifies, recommends, and implements policies, procedures and best practices that enable the realization of goals and objectives.
• Manages and monitors departmental operating budget, including performing forecasting and developing analytical reports.
• Directly and/or indirectly coaches, trains, and supervises employees, including fostering an environment that promotes personal and professional development.
• Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.About you
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or a related field with a minimum of ten (10) years of related tax accounting/analytical experience, three (3) of which include supervisory responsibilities, or equivalent combination of post high school education and experience.
Master’s degree, international tax accounting/analytical experience and Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred.
*If an equivalency statement is used for education and experience, specific number of years must be listed. Generally, an Associate’s Degree equates to two (2) years, Bachelor’s Degree equates to four (4) years, Master’s Degree equates to at least six (6) years.
Certified Public Accountant or Attorney
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
• Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to perform accurately in a detail-oriented environment.
• Ability to function effectively with or as part of a team.
• Ability to conduct complex audits and investigations.
• Ability to identify complex problems, analyze information and develop and/or recommend solutions.
• Ability to develop, improve and/or streamline processes to meet established goals and objectives.
• Ability to develop and implement policies, procedures, best practices, goals, and objectives.
• Knowledge of and the ability to interpret and apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Knowledge of and the ability to interpret and apply tax-related international, federal, state, and local laws, ordinances, rules, and regulations, such as Internal Controls Over Financial Reporting (ICOFR).
• Knowledge of and the ability to utilize financial reporting and tax accounting systems and tools, such as Oracle, RIA Checkpoint and Corptax.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.Why choose us?
Adecco Group North America, through an impressive portfolio of staffing industry leading brands including Accounting Principals, Adecco General Staffing, Adia, Ajilon, Entegee, Lee Hecht Harrison, Modis, Paladin, Parker+Lynch, Pontoon, and Special Counsel is the world’s leading provider of Human Resources solutions.
We are the workforce experts delivering staffing and career service solutions to organizations and individuals across all industries. Collectively we harness the power of some of the greatest talent in the world. That talent and expertise allows us to do business globally and act locally with deep knowledge in niche areas.
Every day, we have more than 100,000 associates on assignment, 30,000 colleagues working internally to support more than 10,000 clients in the United States and Canada. Ensuring our business units are prepared to deliver outstanding service to our associates and clients, the Adecco Group North America team provides a strong infrastructure through our corporate and shared services teams.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The Company may require proof of COVID-19 vaccination at time of hire based on client policies or certain regulatory requirements. As such, TAG may require you to report your COVID-19 vaccination status at time of hire unless prohibited by a state law. The Company will consider requests for exemption based on medical/disability or religious reasons, or additional reasons if permitted by state law.
Cosa significa far parte di Adecco Group.
Da oltre 50 anni promuoviamo l'incontro di migliaia di persone dall'esperienza e dalla cultura diverse con opportunità di lavoro in tutto il mondo. Offriamo soluzioni e servizi di qualità elevata nel settore delle risorse umane, sostenendo il mondo del lavoro per offrire ai nostri clienti un'esperienza su misura e alle persone che lavorano con noi motivazione e orgoglio. Far parte di questo gruppo internazionale significa far parte di una comunità di persone che si spronano a vicenda a dare il meglio di sé. Il tuo lavoro offrirà nuovi stimoli alla vita dei nostri clienti. Farai parte di una rete di persone dedicate e professionali che credono in ciò che fanno.
E ci crederai anche tu.