The Director of Benefits and Payroll is responsible for the overall design, implementation, communication and administration of the organization’s health and welfare benefits programs. Ensures that programs adhere to current regulations and support the organization’s strategic objectives.
Additionally, the Director of Benefits and Payroll is responsible for overseeing and executing the preparation, documentation, and disbursement of all payroll, both colleague and associate, incentive/commission and garnishments. Ensures guidance with all federal, state, and local tax laws, rules, and regulations. Oversees the development and adherence to approved colleague payroll policies, procedures and best practices.
- Ensures that policies and procedures are correctly interpreted and that the needs of the organization and employees are provided for in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Meets with executives to provide benefit related guidance/direction and to discuss benefit programs/problems/issues. Evaluates solutions and develops/finalizes long and short range benefit strategies/plans/objectives to effectively address business needs.
- Directs/oversees the development and implementation of new benefit programs for unique classifications of employees. Ensures effective research/analysis and recommends needed changes.
- Provides guidance on assimilation/transition of employee benefits resulting from acquisitions and divestitures. Directs the analysis of benefits on acquired companies in comparison to Soliant benefits. Determines appropriate benefits and the impact on the organization.
- Directs department activities in the development and administration of organization-wide benefit programs (e.g., Medical, Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Long and Short Term Disability, Caregiver benefits. Monitors enrollment and reports on utilization, costs and trends.
- Oversees the analysis of current benefit programs, determines areas for improvement and provides recommendations for better utilization/cost effectiveness. Monitors and periodically audits claim activity to ensure appropriate plan design.
- Analyzes legislative/judicial rulings relating to employee benefits to determine their impact on organization plans. Provides management with information on areas requiring review including implications and possible response.
- Provides guidance to management and staff on benefits issues, procedures and policy/plan interpretation. Develops/updates and distributes benefits guidelines/procedures and ensures compliance.
- Directs the ongoing administration of all organizational benefit programs through subordinate management and ensures the timely/accurate payment of benefits related bills (e.g., administrative costs, premiums, contributions). Reconciles allocations and distributions with appropriate internal/external authority as required.
- Ensures compliance with ERISA and other benefit related regulations/laws. Reviews/approves compliance reports; resolves variances, and proposes action on compliance discrepancies.
- Analyzes, reconciles funding of multi-subsidiary plans. Acts as a liaison with third party benefits vendors including those for outsourced services (e.g., insurance carriers, brokers, and administrators, pension plan record keepers/investment advisors, etc.) on benefit issues and plan interpretation as necessary.
- Directs and approves the communication of mandated and organizational benefits plans (e.g., summary plan descriptions, documents, benefit statements, handbooks, etc.).
- Negotiates rates/coverages with insurance carriers. Recommends rates and scope of coverage's as appropriate.
- Manages and oversees company retirement programs and plans. Ensures plans are administered to be fully compliant with plan specifications, federal rules and laws and organizational guidelines.
- Reviews match calculations to ensure accuracy and adherence to plan specifications.
- Prepares contribution wires in a timely fashion.
- Works closely with internal departments (i.e., Finance, IT, Operations), external vendors and advisors, and management to ensure efficient and effective operation of retirement plans and benefit programs.
- Prepares and delivers communication pieces to all levels of plan participants for both retirement and benefits programs.
- Manages organizational participation in retirement and benefit surveys and the development/conduct of organizational sponsored surveys. Reviews and ensures the accuracy of survey responses and analyses, and provides results to senior line management.
- Develops procedures to ensure the integrity of the payroll functions for company-wide employee database(s).
- Develops procedures for the preparation and documentation of all payroll checks. Ensures policies and procedures comply with the federal/state laws.
- Oversees the preparation and filing of required reports and/or payments to government agencies.
- Oversees and participates in the review of company-wide payroll taxes to ensure their accuracy and compliance with federal, state and local guidelines.
- Manages the accurate and timely preparation, documentation and disbursement of all payroll, incentive, commission and bonus checks.
- Oversees the entry of transfer, termination, new hire, and salary change data into the database.
- Manages the input, processing, and maintenance of employee records.
- Develops changes in methods or procedures to improve the efficiency of the payroll function.
- Interfaces with outside payroll service management to resolve problems, plan/design future system enhancements, and ensure that the system complies with current/future legislative requirements. Evaluates payroll systems and recommends changes to the VP, Human Resources or other senior leadership as appropriate.
- Manages and participates in the research, evaluation, and testing of software packages to determine the feasibility of their use and recommends their purchase as appropriate.
- Performs all duties inherent in a managerial role.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, human resources or a related field with a minimum of ten (8) years of automated payroll administration experience, employee benefit analysis, design, and administration experience, with three (3) of those years in a supervisory role; or equivalent combination
Designation as a Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) and as a Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) is preferred.
- Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of within the organization
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to demonstrate high-level customer service.
- Ability to compile, analyze and report complex statistical reports effectively to various levels of employees and management.
- Ability to perform accurately in a highly detailed and complex work environment.
- Ability to demonstrate strong conceptual, planning, analytical, problem-solving and project management skills.
- Knowledge of and the ability to effectively manage and audit employee benefit claims.
- Advanced knowledge of and the ability to interpret and apply federal, state and local laws, ordinances, and regulations related to employee benefit, such as ERISA and COBRA.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, best practices, and standards of employee benefit plan design, implementation, communication and administration, including medical, disability, and pension (defined contribution) plan features and administrative requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of and the ability to interpret and apply federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations related to payroll.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, best practices, and standards of employee payroll administration.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; expert level proficiency in Excel
Soliant is a leading provider of specialized healthcare staffing services to hospitals, schools, and other healthcare providers. By supplying traveling healthcare professionals on both temporary and direct hire assignments, Soliant delivers comprehensive healthcare staffing services across the United States. Soliant's teams of professionals are qualified to fill physician, nursing, therapy, pharmacy, healthcare IT, advanced practice, telehealth, special education, and other healthcare positions. Soliant will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Cosa significa far parte di Adecco Group.
Da oltre 50 anni promuoviamo l'incontro di migliaia di persone dall'esperienza e dalla cultura diverse con opportunità di lavoro in tutto il mondo. Offriamo soluzioni e servizi di qualità elevata nel settore delle risorse umane, sostenendo il mondo del lavoro per offrire ai nostri clienti un'esperienza su misura e alle persone che lavorano con noi motivazione e orgoglio. Far parte di questo gruppo internazionale significa far parte di una comunità di persone che si spronano a vicenda a dare il meglio di sé. Il tuo lavoro offrirà nuovi stimoli alla vita dei nostri clienti. Farai parte di una rete di persone dedicate e professionali che credono in ciò che fanno.
E ci crederai anche tu.