Who are we?
Our vision is of a global community of individuals empowered to pursue the work they love. Our mission is to grow that community by transforming millions of thinkers into creators.
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
Information Technology at GA is broken into 3 domains. These domains are Helpdesk, Network, and Information Security.
This role will lead the Network domain. Currently consisting only of third party vendors, This role will be our first full time position in growing this domain. The Network domain is poised for continued growth and responsibility as it focuses on scaling the backbone and infrastructure that will power GA's vision for the future.
You will have the autonomy to build, mature, and lead your domain. This is a strong technical role that requires an excellent communicator and problem solver who can demonstrate having partnered with other domains in IT, Engineering, third party vendors, and other disciplines to reliably and consistently guide their domain to exceptional results.
- Design, plan, implement and support global networking infrastructure with automation in mind.
- Analyze business requirements and translate them into actionable technical requirements.
- Serve as technical, engineering subject matter expert for a complex global network.
- Identify and evaluate new features, enhancements, and develop and operationalize them
- Participate in and/or lead vendor evaluations and architectural reviews
- Serve as the Tier III response for all escalated network issues and customer complaints.
- Create and define network requirements for new products, including technical documentation for all relevant processes and technologies.
- Create and/or improve the tools that provide insight into the availability and performance of our global network
- Create the SOP's and automate repeatable operational work
- Create and assist in the development of automation tools and processes that proactively monitor the health of the network, respond to events, and prevent their recurrences along with driving downtime to resolution
- Create and leverage telemetry, analytics and learning pipelines to better monitor, measure, and debug the network
- Create and leverage network tooling to identify and mitigate network anomalies.
- Create and leverage fully functional virtual network environments in AWS and OpenStack for testing, POCs, and CI/CD
- Design and implement both hybrid and non-hybrid cloud solutions in AWS, Azure, and on-prem environments.
- Responsible for identifying problem areas in a proactive way and developing solutions to meet the challenges of a global network.
- Occasional travel required to New York City and other locations.
- 7+ years of experience in design and implementation of network technologies, including routing, switching, and security
- 5+ years experience implementing and managing global WAN backbone, ACL, VPN solutions, VLAN’s and Subnets
- Strong working knowledge of all OSI Layers focusing on the network stack - TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, and anycast concepts, IDS and IPS implementation and monitoring, 802.1x, SAML, and common wireless technologies
- Knowledge of current networking systems including routers, switches, firewalls, VPNs, Content-aware load-balancers and all IP-based protocols.
- Any of the following certifications preferred: Network +, CCNA/CCNP, JNCIA/JNCIS, AWS CSA (solution architect)
- Remote / flexible working hours
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Generous parental leave
- Annual Education Allowance
- Gym Allowance
- Apple MacBook Pro + External Monitor
Who can apply?
The USA in any of these states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IL, KS, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, NY, NC, NH, OR, RI, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WV, and/or WI
Cosa significa far parte di Adecco Group.
Da oltre 50 anni promuoviamo l'incontro di migliaia di persone dall'esperienza e dalla cultura diverse con opportunità di lavoro in tutto il mondo. Offriamo soluzioni e servizi di qualità elevata nel settore delle risorse umane, sostenendo il mondo del lavoro per offrire ai nostri clienti un'esperienza su misura e alle persone che lavorano con noi motivazione e orgoglio. Far parte di questo gruppo internazionale significa far parte di una comunità di persone che si spronano a vicenda a dare il meglio di sé. Il tuo lavoro offrirà nuovi stimoli alla vita dei nostri clienti. Farai parte di una rete di persone dedicate e professionali che credono in ciò che fanno.
E ci crederai anche tu.