VP- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
As General Assembly strives to uphold a community committed to diversifying the tech landscape in an inclusive environment by following our Diversity & Inclusion statement, our next step is to ensure their is an executive seat for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the organization. This role will report to our CEO, and will oversee Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion across General Assembly’s community (internal staff, our instructors, students, partners). This role will consult with teams to align on defining a comprehensive strategy, and from there will launch and facilitate initiatives and learning engagements across the organization in line with our strategy. They will pair business acumen, perspective and integrity and trust to ensure all voices are heard within the organization for the utmost inclusion and diversity of thought to ensure General Assembly is able to achieve its organizational goals. As the VP, DE&I, they will lead the diversity agenda across the globe for General Assembly and insure inclusion is at the forefront of all executive level business initiatives and that all organizational efforts are aligned with GA’s inclusion values. They will ensure that each member of leadership and each employee values diversity and inclusion and upholds equitability across their teams. They will succeed in implementing inclusion programs not only across the US but will use their perspective to implement inclusion practices across international markets while being mindful of all cultures, employees and students alike.
- Support the implementation of new/revised practices, policies or procedures in line with our strategy
- Monitor progress and adjust course over time based on data-driven findings on an ongoing basis
- Creates and works to enhance staff DEI accountability through collaboration and enhancing people practices (i.e. hiring, onboarding, performance management)
- External learning and presentation opportunities
- Will discover cross-team needs, develop clear scopes of work and project plans, and lead cross-functional teams in executing priorities based on needs from org-wide DEI councils.
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience running interactive trainings on diversity, equity and inclusion for all levels within an organization
- The ideal candidate will bring experience and lessons learned about diversity, culture, strategy, and have documented success working in a fast-paced environment and the ability to move work forward quickly.
- You love working collaboratively, and independently, you are emotionally intelligent, you are an exceptional project manager, you love thinking big picture, investing others in the big picture, and value people as the key to the success of any exceptional organization
- Displays and demonstrates passion and professional and personal commitment with nuanced understanding of our principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness globally
- Proven advanced competency facilitating in-person and/or virtual engagements
- High analytical skills and data literacy (strong reasoning and strategic thinking skills; ability to analyze data to draw accurate conclusions that inform strategy)
- Strong communication (written and verbal)
- Exceptional reliability and integrity and ability to responsibly handle confidential information with discretion
- Business Insight
- Organizational Savvy
- Instills trust
- Global perspective
- Plans and Aligns
- Values Differences
- Drives Vision & Purpose
- Builds Networks
- Situational Adaptability
- Presentation Skills
Cosa significa far parte di Adecco Group.
Da oltre 50 anni promuoviamo l'incontro di migliaia di persone dall'esperienza e dalla cultura diverse con opportunità di lavoro in tutto il mondo. Offriamo soluzioni e servizi di qualità elevata nel settore delle risorse umane, sostenendo il mondo del lavoro per offrire ai nostri clienti un'esperienza su misura e alle persone che lavorano con noi motivazione e orgoglio. Far parte di questo gruppo internazionale significa far parte di una comunità di persone che si spronano a vicenda a dare il meglio di sé. Il tuo lavoro offrirà nuovi stimoli alla vita dei nostri clienti. Farai parte di una rete di persone dedicate e professionali che credono in ciò che fanno.
E ci crederai anche tu.