The Senior Developer IT is responsible for providing application software development services and related technical support to ensure the availability of applications and systems used across the organization. Draws on previous experience and subject matter expertise to solve the most complex problems and takes a broad perspective to identify solutions.
About Modis – We make Exceptional Connections
To succeed in the complex world of technology, you need exceptional connections - to the right experts, the right opportunities and the right answers. You'll find Modis right in the center of this ever-changing technological world - uncovering opportunities and connecting possibilities.
As a global provider of IT staffing services and the second largest in North America, Modis connects the very best IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. And we do it every single day - for both temporary and permanent assignments and across virtually all industries. We use our insight, flexibility and expanded resources to anticipate the needs of leading tech companies and help them make exceptional connections with top tech talent.
Success is about making the right connections between people, solutions and objectives. With Modis, you can take a strategic approach to boosting performance through an optimal mix of internal staff, outside consulting resources and project outsourcing. And because we take the time to properly understand the needs of our clients and candidates, we can help them make exceptional connections and achieve greater levels of success.
Yes, the world of technology is a complex place. But from our perspective, we see things clearly.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science or a related field with a minimum of seven years of experience developing enterprise wide large-scale web application in Java/JEE; or equivalent combination of post high school education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to communicate regularly with other people in the team and be able to articulate project needs, as well as be able to discuss any challenges or problems that arise.
- Ability to apply logical thinking and problem-solving skills on day to day basis.
- Must be able to decipher complex details from the discussion and come up with design.
- Ability to learn new technologies and willingness to step out of comfort zone to explore and learn new skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to proactively establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to act accordingly under strong pressure, along with the ability to effectively manage crisis situations.
- Ability to evaluate information, identify key issues and formulate conclusions based on sound, practical judgment, experience and common sense.
- Ability to develop, improve and streamline processes to meet established goals and objectives.
- Ability to demonstrate creativity in inventing new ways of approaching problems and developing innovated applications.
- Ability to recognize the needs of internal customers and create new applications that answer those needs.
- Ability to deliver to and successfully manage stakeholder expectations while working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, budgets and resources.
- Ability to demonstrate expertise in applying best standards and practices in software development methodologies, such as Agile and Scrum.
- Ability to demonstrate expertise in applying best standards and practices in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Proficient with relational database concepts, including advanced quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
Adecco Group North America, through an impressive portfolio of staffing industry leading brands including Accounting Principals, Adecco General Staffing, Adia, Ajilon, Entegee, Lee Hecht Harrison, Modis, Paladin, Parker+Lynch, Pontoon, Special Counsel and Soliant is the world’s leading provider of Human Resources solutions.
We are the workforce experts delivering staffing and career service solutions to organizations and individuals across all industries. Collectively we harness the power of some of the greatest talent in the world. That talent and expertise allows us to do business globally and act locally with deep knowledge in niche areas.
Every day, we have more than 100,000 associates on assignment, 30,000 colleagues working internally to support more than 10,000 clients in the United States and Canada. Ensuring our business units are prepared to deliver outstanding service to our associates and clients, the Adecco Group North America team provides a strong infrastructure through our corporate and shared services teams.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in coding, testing debugging, documenting, implementing and maintaining software applications.
- Reviews technical code for completeness and adherence to quality standards and business requirements.
- Develops new applications or analyzes and modifies existing applications provided by third-party software vendors.
- Analyzes requirements and maintains, tests and integrates application components; ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented.
- Consults and provides recommendations on projects, business requirements, software selection and standards; works in association with Architecture and Project Management teams.
- Provides third-level technical support as required.
- Unit tests software written personally or by other developers; ensures software is written and tested in compliance with identified guidelines, internal and external audit requirements and any related financial and legislative requirements.
- Analyzes existing software and determines how best to implement defect fixes and enhancements.
- Creates application builds from “checked-in” code as needed.
- Establishes and maintains an understanding of existing application code, development practices and solutions currently managed by the development team.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Cosa significa far parte di Adecco Group.
Da oltre 50 anni promuoviamo l'incontro di migliaia di persone dall'esperienza e dalla cultura diverse con opportunità di lavoro in tutto il mondo. Offriamo soluzioni e servizi di qualità elevata nel settore delle risorse umane, sostenendo il mondo del lavoro per offrire ai nostri clienti un'esperienza su misura e alle persone che lavorano con noi motivazione e orgoglio. Far parte di questo gruppo internazionale significa far parte di una comunità di persone che si spronano a vicenda a dare il meglio di sé. Il tuo lavoro offrirà nuovi stimoli alla vita dei nostri clienti. Farai parte di una rete di persone dedicate e professionali che credono in ciò che fanno.
E ci crederai anche tu.