Our vision is of a global community of individuals empowered to pursue the work they love. Our mission is to grow that community by transforming millions of thinkers into creators.
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
- Responsible for understanding the company Vision and Mission. Expected to understand and assist in the development of their team's Vision and Mission.
- Responsible for maintaining and evangelizing professional standards and technical strategy for your team.
- Drives and creates work for existing and forthcoming projects, and be able to deliver project goals and tasks to other engineers. Analyzes requirements to determine the feasibility of design options within time and cost constraints.
- Assures adherence to best practices and department processes around system maintainability and health. Provides front-line support, and shares responsibility for 24/7 uptime of all services the team provides.
- Proactive in working to define, and update, your career path with management.
- Assist in the onboarding and offboarding of engineers using existing processes and methods.
- You assist in ensuring all hires meet and exceed the GA talent bar.
- You participate in the hiring and interview process for your team.
- Is expected to understand which operations affect the scope of the budget and operate within a budget. Is expected to be able to provide input on changes that affect the budget. Solid understanding of software capitalization and is expected to be able to provide input as it relates to engineering efforts.
- Usually at least 3+ years of experience as a DevOps engineer. Usually has 3+ years of Software Development, Information Technology Operations or System Administration experience.
- Capable of end-to-end problem solving; accurately debugging problems quickly.
- Capable of acting as a teacher for peers. Able to act as a mentor to associates and engineers. Seeks out opportunities to knowledge-share with broader audiences in engineering.
- Finds common ground quickly and solve problems and provide feedback for the good of all with a minimum of noise and is seen as a team player who easily gains trust and support of others.
- Capable of guiding and directing junior staff on a project. Respected as senior team member in guiding technical direction.
- Deep DevOps specific programming knowledge and ability, have the ability to research and drive more advanced concepts.
- Follows established patterns and approaches within existing code bases with ease.
- Work doesn't necessarily need to be reviewed, but the general approach may be. Able to review work produced by their team.
- Exemplifies professional team and organizational standards. Helps set and maintain professional standards for the team.
- Expected to write code with good test coverage; knows the best way to approach testing in all scenarios beyond the 'happy path'. Expected to know and be able to use testing best practices.
- Able to competently work within the organizations local-development strategy; can provide basic support for engineers and associates.
- Senior-level knowledge of system-level tooling. Capable of more advanced development tool workflows for local and production system debugging.
- Advanced knowledge of source control expected. Expected to know some advanced features. Expected to practice a least one form of source control flows (e.g. gitflow).
- Confidence working with infrastructure concepts, able to support and build strategy for 24/7 realtime monitoring, on-call needs, disaster recovery, and high-level troubleshooting of infrastructure concerns as they arise. Able to confidently release software written by others in the organization.
- Should be aware of the business value in work being done. Able to prioritize own work when given business value context.
Cosa significa far parte di Adecco Group.
Da oltre 50 anni promuoviamo l'incontro di migliaia di persone dall'esperienza e dalla cultura diverse con opportunità di lavoro in tutto il mondo. Offriamo soluzioni e servizi di qualità elevata nel settore delle risorse umane, sostenendo il mondo del lavoro per offrire ai nostri clienti un'esperienza su misura e alle persone che lavorano con noi motivazione e orgoglio. Far parte di questo gruppo internazionale significa far parte di una comunità di persone che si spronano a vicenda a dare il meglio di sé. Il tuo lavoro offrirà nuovi stimoli alla vita dei nostri clienti. Farai parte di una rete di persone dedicate e professionali che credono in ciò che fanno.
E ci crederai anche tu.