Who are we?
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
- Software Engineering - 8+ years of experience
- Team Lead - 2+ years of experience
- Ruby on Rails - 5+ years of hands on experience
- SQL - 5+ years of hands on experience
- Scrum - 2+ years of experience
- Responsible for defining, communicating and evangelizing the group Vision and Mission in alignment with the company's Vision and Mission.
- Align with leadership in providing technical strategy and standards for your team and partnering with your Technical Lead on delivery quality.
- Oversee projects across a team within an Engineering department with a deep understanding of dependency management in complex projects.
- Be a mentor and coach, fostering ownership, guiding personal growth, and constantly striving to raise the bar on delivery performance and quality.
- Expected to work with Engineering Directors on budgetary asks and needs, Including financial responsibility, tracking, contract negotiation, and staffing.
- You are accountable for the uptime of all software in your realm of ownership. You support an on-call process assuring high priority production issues are handled quickly and efficiently 24x7.
- Transparent plan in place for each direct report that outlines their desired next step in their career and the steps required to get them there.
- You support and facilitate a documented process for efficient onboarding / offboarding of your team.
- You are responsible for the hiring function for your team, and providing your recommendation on staff to leadership. You assure all hires for your teams meet and exceed the GA talent bar. You actively recruit outside talent for GA.
- Responsible for interviewing and acting as the ultimate decision-maker in engineering's interview processes for your team, coaching toward the optimal outcome for your team's health.
- Usually at least 8+ years of experience of being a professional programmer in the relevant discipline.
- Fully capable of owning and running entire subsystems of work. Able to step in and run any and all subsystems for your team.
- Expected to act as a coach or mentor and provide guidance to the team. You maintain 1-1 meetings with your staff and have clearly defined development commitments for all.
- Finds common ground quickly and solve problems for the good of all without disruption. Exemplifies being a team player. Continuously gains trust and support of others.
- Expected to provide material feedback on the work for team members. Expected to run formal feedback and employee review processes as required.
- Expected and accountable for end-to-end management and health of single team of engineers accountable for the delivery of substantial projects and ongoing product development.
- A hands-on engineering background, with substantial expertise in multiple programming environments and advanced concepts.
- Capable of guiding the successful execution of projects across your team.
- Able to review work produced by their team when required, and expected to intervene as the ultimate decision maker when necessary.
- Exemplifies and mentors professional team and organizational standards. Helps set and maintain professional standards for the entire organization, and assure adherence within their team.
- Is expected to have deep cross-disciplinary engineering experience.
- Facilitates and enables the best way to approach testing in all scenarios beyond the 'happy path'. Expected to partner with tech lead on defining testing standards within the team.
- When necessary, able to competently step-in and work within the organizations engineering tools and software; can provide basic support for team members.
- Competent use of editor. Intermediate use of terminal. Capable of more advanced development tool workflows for local and production system debugging.
- Expert-level knowledge of source control tooling and practices.
- Fundamental concepts of how software is deployed and monitored within our organization.
- Able to work with business stakeholders to help determine business value and communicate that value to their staff.
Cosa significa far parte di Adecco Group.
Da oltre 50 anni promuoviamo l'incontro di migliaia di persone dall'esperienza e dalla cultura diverse con opportunità di lavoro in tutto il mondo. Offriamo soluzioni e servizi di qualità elevata nel settore delle risorse umane, sostenendo il mondo del lavoro per offrire ai nostri clienti un'esperienza su misura e alle persone che lavorano con noi motivazione e orgoglio. Far parte di questo gruppo internazionale significa far parte di una comunità di persone che si spronano a vicenda a dare il meglio di sé. Il tuo lavoro offrirà nuovi stimoli alla vita dei nostri clienti. Farai parte di una rete di persone dedicate e professionali che credono in ciò che fanno.
E ci crederai anche tu.