The Compensation Consultant provides compensation support for a designated line of business or specialty area (e.g. executive compensation). Serves as a subject matter expert (SME) and designs, develops, implements, and administers salaried and hourly compensation programs, including broad based compensation, annual merit, short-term and long-term incentives, and sales incentives. Focuses on programs that are designed to ensure appropriate global alignment and the execution of a competitive and equitable compensation strategy in order to attract, engage, and retain key talent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers and leads compensation programs, initiatives, and activities through the definition, development and execution of related methodologies, plans, processes and tools in accordance with organizational priorities for multiple assigned business lines or the TAG as a whole.
- Leads the implementation and administration of incentive compensation plans and associated modeling and analysis to ensure return on investment (ROI) and cost effectiveness.
- Provides consultative services to executive management, business partners, and hiring managers regarding compensation and salary administration, including, but not limited to, job pricing and market analysis, salary changes, bonuses, and resolution of highly complex issues.
- Anticipates internal/external business challenges and/or issues and recommends value opportunities, including policy and plan development and/or enhancement, process optimization, forecasting, and key stakeholder and client relationship management improvements.
- Builds and continuously enhances relationships with key internal stakeholders and external partners/vendors to ensure business requirements are fulfilled, risks are mitigated, and value is optimized.
- Utilizes performance metrics, financial models and other tools to track total compensation and trends to plans, budgets, and forecasts.
- Ensures internal equity, legal compliance and consistency of compensation and salary administration programs.
- Ensures a unified approach to compensation and salary administration by establishing and maintaining partnerships internal/external of the organization.
- Performs need, trend, feasibility and performance assessments to ensure the effective definition, development and communication of compensation plans and salary structures, as well as optimal return on investment (ROI).
- Leads annual update of salary structures, including, but not limited to, conducting and participating in compensation surveys and/or special compensation studies for purposes of maintaining the company’s competitive position within the market place.
- Leads compensation and salary administration-related projects.
- Responds to requests for information about salaries, job grades, ranges, etc. and recommends proper grades for new and/or revised jobs based on the market salary range for those jobs.
- Reviews and make recommendations on job descriptions to determine legal compliance, as well as adherence to identified company standards and objectives in coordination with human resources business partners (HRBPs) and hiring managers, providing salary and incentive recommendations.
- Provides recommendations and/or assists with formulating, implementing and communicating compensation related policies, procedures and best practices.
- Directly and/or indirectly coaches less experienced team members and fosters an environment of effective collaboration.
Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made upon request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE & OTHER POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, finance or a related field with a minimum of six years (6) of progressive human resource experience with a focus on compensation administration; preferably in a consultative role focused on broad based compensation, incentive design, and/or executive compensation.
- Five (5) or more years of experience supporting multiple business lines on compensation related topics.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and standards of human resources.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and standards of compensation administration, including merit, short-term and long-term incentives, sales incentives, and executive compensation.
- Knowledge of and ability to understand, interpret and apply related federal, state, and local laws, rules, ordinances, and regulations related to compensation administration, such as the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize tools, concepts, principles and practices of data collection and analysis.
- Ability to identify and/or document existing and new trends as well as evaluate and predict their impact on the organization, as well as develop improvements and/or recommend changes or alternatives.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internal/external of the organization.
- Ability to effectively manage projects that may vary in nature and scope.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously while meeting assigned deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Proficient with utilizing HRIS platforms, such as PeopleSoft, as well as developing and running queries and reports.
- Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing with various levels of employees and management.
Adecco Group North America, through an impressive portfolio of staffing industry leading brands including Accounting Principals, Adecco General Staffing, Adia, Ajilon, Entegee, Lee Hecht Harrison, Modis, Paladin, Parker+Lynch, Pontoon, Special Counsel and Soliant is the world’s leading provider of Human Resources solutions.
We are the workforce experts delivering staffing and career service solutions to organizations and individuals across all industries. Collectively we harness the power of some of the greatest talent in the world. That talent and expertise allows us to do business globally and act locally with deep knowledge in niche areas.
Every day, we have more than 100,000 associates on assignment, 30,000 colleagues working internally to support more than 10,000 clients in the United States and Canada. Ensuring our business units are prepared to deliver outstanding service to our associates and clients, the Adecco Group North America team provides a strong infrastructure through our corporate and shared services teams.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Cosa significa far parte di Adecco Group.
Da oltre 50 anni promuoviamo l'incontro di migliaia di persone dall'esperienza e dalla cultura diverse con opportunità di lavoro in tutto il mondo. Offriamo soluzioni e servizi di qualità elevata nel settore delle risorse umane, sostenendo il mondo del lavoro per offrire ai nostri clienti un'esperienza su misura e alle persone che lavorano con noi motivazione e orgoglio. Far parte di questo gruppo internazionale significa far parte di una comunità di persone che si spronano a vicenda a dare il meglio di sé. Il tuo lavoro offrirà nuovi stimoli alla vita dei nostri clienti. Farai parte di una rete di persone dedicate e professionali che credono in ciò che fanno.
E ci crederai anche tu.