At Modis (soon to be Akkodis, a division of The Adecco Group), we are looking to hire a Recruitment Delivery Manager to join our team. This role will be responsible for overseeing a team and driving activity to source and recruit candidates to fill job orders within an assigned portfolio. You will be mentoring and developing a team with a focus on optimizing order fulfillment to clients in a high quality, cost effective manner and providing outstanding customer service, order distribution management, and compliance support. Are you passionate about establishing and maintaining ongoing relationships with your team, your clients and all associated stakeholders? Then keep reading.
At The Adecco Group we don’t tick boxes – we think outside them. If you are seeking a hands-on leadership role and are looking to make a business impact, then we want to talk to you! In our Modis/Akkodis family, it’s more than being accepted, it’s knowing you’re respected.
This is an opportunity to join a global brand that is committed to making the future work for everyone. That includes unlocking the potential of our own colleagues by embracing diversity and inclusiveness. The Adecco Group is one of the world’s leading HR Solutions Providers helping to power the prosperity of the economies, societies and markets in which our clients operate. Come and be part of turning disruption into direction and evolution into advantage.What you’ll be doing
- Partnering with account management team to identify and define strategic/financial objectives and client hiring needs
- Analyzing client needs, determining best recruiting methods and deploying recruiting plans and strategies
- Responsible for successful executive of recruiting and fulfillment strategies
- Overseeing candidate sourcing, recruiting, onboarding and client marketing initiatives
- Leading tactical and strategic team meetings
- Responsible for identifying, recruiting, hiring, training, coaching, motivating (and terminating, if necessary) colleagues
- Demonstrating strong leadership skills: leading and motivating colleagues to achieve team and individual goals
- Managing career development plans, training for direct reports and mentoring and coaching in-line with human resources principles
- Ensuring team maintains appropriate skills and competencies required to conduct operations timely, effectively and in compliance
- Creating, maintaining and presenting recruiting metrics and/or dashboards for management
- Leveraging operational data and metrics to monitor the effectiveness of all recruiting efforts
- Building and maintaining effective business relationships with field management to ensure client satisfaction
- Participating in client quality performance reviews
- Collaborating in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field with a minimum of five (5) years of recruiting experience is required. Previous experience in the staffing and/or human resources solutions industries in addition to previous supervisory experience is highly desirable. Equivalent combination of post-high school education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to focus on client needs with a commitment to quality and customer service.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems through recommending and implementing creative solutions.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and understand employment-related laws, rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Knowledge of current sourcing and recruiting trends, best practices and methodologies.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
It’s an exciting time to be part of our team. We’re proud to be a global thought-leader and care about doing the best job we can to ensure better futures for everyone. We do this by building our Future@Work strategy as a united team of 30,000+ colleagues with a collective spirit working in over 60 countries globally.
You’ll have the opportunity to grow across a variety of interesting jobs and careers over our extensive portfolio of global brands. We empower our colleagues to work in the smartest, most efficient ways to achieve total balance between the demands of their jobs and their lives. That’s why we give you the autonomy and support you need to work in the way that makes you most productive, agile, confident, and insightful.
Putting people first, pioneering with a collective spirit and always advancing with a growth mindset -that’s what we stand for at the Adecco Group. Here, we are all individuals with a unique perspective on the world we live in. That’s what makes us stronger. Whoever you are and whatever your background, you can be yourself. So, we aim to build on the attributes that make you, you. We offer a range of world-class resources for upskilling and development, satisfying your curiosity while the sharing skills, knowledge, and expertise to grow together.
Make an impact where it matters most.A journey to bring out the best in you
We believe that having an understanding of the hiring process helps you to prepare, feel, and be, at your best. As a global, multi brand organization with multiple different roles, our application process can vary.
On our career site, you will find some of the key steps you can expect to guide you along the way. As one of the world’s largest employers we believe in talent, not labels, and focus on the diverse and unique skills our people bring. We seek to foster a culture of belonging and purpose, an environment where everyone can thrive and feel engaged, and where difference is respected and valued. Our commitment to equity, equal opportunity, inclusion, and diversity is part of our broader commitment to respecting fundamental human rights across our value chain. The Adecco Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
The Company may require proof of COVID-19 vaccination at time of hire based on client policies or certain regulatory requirements. As such, TAG may require you to report your COVID-19 vaccination status at time of hire unless prohibited by a state law. The Company will consider requests for exemption based on medical/disability or religious reasons, or additional reasons if permitted by state law.
Cosa significa far parte di Adecco Group.
Da oltre 50 anni promuoviamo l'incontro di migliaia di persone dall'esperienza e dalla cultura diverse con opportunità di lavoro in tutto il mondo. Offriamo soluzioni e servizi di qualità elevata nel settore delle risorse umane, sostenendo il mondo del lavoro per offrire ai nostri clienti un'esperienza su misura e alle persone che lavorano con noi motivazione e orgoglio. Far parte di questo gruppo internazionale significa far parte di una comunità di persone che si spronano a vicenda a dare il meglio di sé. Il tuo lavoro offrirà nuovi stimoli alla vita dei nostri clienti. Farai parte di una rete di persone dedicate e professionali che credono in ciò che fanno.
E ci crederai anche tu.