Responsible for managing medium-to-large scale, high-profile sales and client delivery efficiency and technology related projects from initiation through completion. Projects may include, but are not limited to, system implementation, new client onboarding and service delivery management, client program implementation and continued management.
- Plans, monitors and manages multiple projects from initiation through completion.
- Acts as a liaison to multiple departments and key stakeholders to manage overall expectations.
- Leads and/or coordinate client program planning, resourcing, staffing, supply and subcontract management, progress reporting, troubleshooting and people management.
- Accountable for compiling and developing project documents, agendas, notes, action tracking and presentation materials.
- Accountable for developing Client program TOM to include implementation and ongoing management
- Ensures project results meet requirements regarding technical adoption, reliability and ROI.
- Monitors performance and recommends schedule and/or resource changes.
- Identifies gaps in project planning and execution; determines, recommends, and implements effective solutions.
- Act as liaison between client and delivery team on large scale programs or project fulfillment.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field with a minimum of three (3) years of related project management experience; or equivalent combination of post high school education and experience.
- Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to demonstrate high-level customer service.
- Ability to effectively manage high-profile projects that may vary in nature and scope.
- Ability to identify and evaluate problems, as well as implement effective solutions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle highly sensitive/confidential information with care. Ability to manage conflict and demonstrate the courage to challenge organizational thinking and the status quo.
Adecco Group North America, through an impressive portfolio of staffing industry leading brands including Accounting Principals, Adecco General Staffing, Adia, Ajilon, Entegee, Lee Hecht Harrison, Modis, Paladin, Parker+Lynch, Pontoon and Special Counsel is the world’s leading provider of Human Resources solutions.
We are the workforce experts delivering staffing and career service solutions to organizations and individuals across all industries. Collectively we harness the power of some of the greatest talent in the world. That talent and expertise allows us to do business globally and act locally with deep knowledge in niche areas.
Every day, we have more than 100,000 associates on assignment, 30,000 colleagues working internally to support more than 10,000 clients in the United States and Canada. Ensuring our business units are prepared to deliver outstanding service to our associates and clients, the Adecco Group North America team provides a strong infrastructure through our corporate and shared services teams.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Cosa significa far parte di Adecco Group.
Da oltre 50 anni promuoviamo l'incontro di migliaia di persone dall'esperienza e dalla cultura diverse con opportunità di lavoro in tutto il mondo. Offriamo soluzioni e servizi di qualità elevata nel settore delle risorse umane, sostenendo il mondo del lavoro per offrire ai nostri clienti un'esperienza su misura e alle persone che lavorano con noi motivazione e orgoglio. Far parte di questo gruppo internazionale significa far parte di una comunità di persone che si spronano a vicenda a dare il meglio di sé. Il tuo lavoro offrirà nuovi stimoli alla vita dei nostri clienti. Farai parte di una rete di persone dedicate e professionali che credono in ciò che fanno.
E ci crederai anche tu.